I am about to give all that are willing to read this post a big reality check. I think it is appropriate for us Bulldog fans to have a little bit of it before we head into next week’s GA/FL game. First of all, please let me be clear that no one is more excited about our beloved Georgia Bulldogs than myself. To this point, the season has been an absolute JOY to watch. There are so many positive things happening in the program and that is so very exciting to see. But that is not what this blog is about. This blog is meant to scare you. Besides, everyone is entitled to one good scare around Halloween right? So Here We GO!
- Quit Drinking the KOOL-AID Dawg Fans– It seems that every fan and every talking head is big on Georgia right now. I know it is fun to see your team be a part of the conversation, but nothing has been accomplished yet. No titles earned, no rings won, and no bowl bids given. The schedule is just now getting hard. So calm down and quit bragging to that Tech guy, Auburn man, or dreaded Gator fan in your world. Next week is big, and besides when is the last time Florida lost three games in a row? I’m just saying.
- Who Has UGA Actually Beaten? – The answer is only Notre Dame which looks like a good team right now, but that could change quickly in the coming weeks. So far, Georgia has basically played no one worth a damn in the SEC. The combined record of our SEC opponents is 11 wins to 14 losses. And only 1 of those teams has an SEC win which was over an LSU team that got beat by TROY at HOME!
- We Have a Freshman QB– I love Jake Fromm. Seriously, I may actually love him (lol). But the truth of matter is that he is still just a freshman. And we are asking a lot if we think he is not going to stumble a time or two before December. Hard games are ahead, and he will face some adversity. Let’s hope he handles it well.
- Even Good Teams Lose – I am trying to think of the last team to go undefeated for an entire season from the SEC. I think it was Auburn in 2010 which had to cheat to do it. Yes that’s right they did cheat and they didn’t get in trouble because the NCAA is a farce. Just look at UNC last week. North Carolina did exactly what Jim Harrick did while at Georgia, but they did it over an entire decade. And the NCAA found no violations whatsoever. It’s a total joke. A TOTAL JOKE! I hope Georgia is cheating too, because if they are not cheating they are the only ones. Do you remember that huge mess in Miami where the guy in prison decided tell on himself for paying all those players? Do you remember that? Probably not, because nothing ever came of it. Big time college athletics is basically the wild wild west. And the only authority that wants to do anything about it appears to be the FBI, and of course UGA who has self imposed more penalties on itself than the NCAA has handed out in the last 15 years.
- The Boogie Man Lives in Jax Right Now– The Boogie man is real and he apparently likes Florida because Jacksonville has just been down right spooky for Dawg fans over the last 25 years. I just hope we can run him and the Gators out of Jacksonville next week.
I know this seems like a lot of negativity, but somebody has to bring us down to earth a little before it comes back to bite us in the A-S-S. Our team is good and they can be great, but greatness will be decided between now and the first week of December. So calm down, and start to worry again. Every game left is a big one. Go Dawgs!